I'm Back!

Wow, it's been a long time! I'm so sorry I vanished with no explanation....Some crazy stuff has happened. Here's what happened...

Sometime after Thanksgiving, we had our Second Saturday Sisters meeting at church. I always look forward to these meetings. They're fun, and it's a great time to get to know some of the ladies from church in a more intimate setting. This particular Saturday, our leader was sharing what God had put on her heart for us. She talked about children, and how they dream such big dreams at Christmas. She reminded us how kids have such faith that their parents can get them anything they want. They know their parents might not do it, but if they really wanted to they could. I remembered feeling that way when I was little.


Then she said to us, "Here's what God wants me to ask you for Him today....what do you want Me to do for you?" If we looked deep into our heart of hearts and found that one desire we never even dared to speak out loud, what would it be? Not what we wanted God to do for our family, or our spouse or our children. What did we want most for God to do in our very own lives?Tears welled up and poured down my cheeks as she continued speaking. She reminded us that God is our perfect Father, and He wants to give good gifts to His children. (Matthew 7:11) She reminded us how we, as women, are often so busy caring for others that we forget our own hearts. What did we want God to do for us? And would we have the courage to just ask Him that day for it?

There were index cards on each table, and our assignment was to take one and write down our desire. I knew I was ready to name it, to put words on it and dare to ask Him. It was something I'd desired for a long time. It was something He had even told me on more than one occasion that He would do, but it had seemed so long in coming that I had begun to doubt it would ever come. But by the time I put my pen to paper, I was ready to come boldly to His throne of grace and ask for it, trusting completely in His promise. I wrote:

"I want to have a son, and I want to give our moms baby booties for Christmas this year."

I dried my tears as I left and I tucked that card away, believing in God's faithfulness. At December's meeting, I stood up and gave a praise report about what I had asked God for. I shared with the ladies how someone had approached me the Sunday before then and told me that she just knew down deep in her soul that I was pregnant. I had no physical proof yet, but I believed anyway. And do you know that only a week later, the proof came? That extra little pink line on the pregnancy test confirmed it. My faith had become my reality. I wrapped up the baby booties I had bought months before and we gave them to our moms as early Christmas gifts. Praise the Lord!!

But then came the morning sickness. Oh, the awful, debilitating morning sickness that lasted all day. The motion sickness that kept me out of the car. Even brushing my teeth was an ordeal. Awful, awful, awful!! And that's what's kept me away so long. Thankfully, I'm finally over that hump. Food tastes good again and I can finally gather my thoughts together to actually write something worth reading. So here I am again, only now "I" am "we." I believe that I have a son in my belly, because that's what God gave me a desire for. He is so good. All the time!!!

Father, thank You for Your faithfulness to me. Thank You that I can come boldly to Your throne and ask You for my desires. Thank You that the more time I spend in Your presence, the more my desires become Your desires. Let me never forget what a loving and good Father You really are.

In His faithful love,
Amy


copyright 2011, Amy Wallace

Comments

Popular Posts