Lost in the Busy-ness

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with Christmas in so many ways this year. Since we're traveling on Christmas Eve, there's so much to accomplish in a short amount of time.  I had to write out a day by day schedule to make sure everything gets done before we go. There are shopping days, cookie baking days, and a party for the grandmas. There's a day for packing and a day for preparing food. And then there's the big Christmas production our church is putting on this weekend, which will literally take the entire weekend. So much busy-ness. So little time for what Christmas is really about.

Last Sunday we had a wonderful guest in church. Karen Jackson is a singer and artist who has visited our church before. I don't know much about her, except that her voice and her ministry are anointed by God. I sat down that morning for the first time in days, and her sweet, jubilant spirit led me right to the manger. I could have sat there all day with the tears flowing freely down my cheeks, relieved and excited all at once to be in the presence of God. I was amazed all over again at the way the King of the universe chose to come to us-born from a womb, surrounded by animals, guarded by shepherds. He left the majesty of His heaven to live in a world with few comforts and few friends. Love came down to meet us when we didn't know how to find it.

His gentle, quiet voice stilled everything else in me that morning, and I quietly wept in the presence of holy Love. As I looked back on His humble earthly beginnings and I reflected on the matchless grace His coming has proven, His words soaked into this busy, tired heart. "For you," He whispered. And I remembered once again how very much I am Loved.


Father, thank You for the gift of Your Son. Thank You for His perfect example. Please help me, even in the midst of all the craziness and busy-ness, to always remember that I already have everything I need in Jesus.

In His humble love,
Amy


copyright 2010, Amy Wallace

Comments

  1. Amy, Praise God for His faithfulness! Jesus really is the Gift that keeps on giving! It was my JOY to share Emmanuel with the church family this past Sunday. I know your program will be a major blessing to all who come. Enjoy! Have a safe and blessed Christmas. Your forever Sister in Christ, Karen Jackson

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts