Seek Him

So I'm in North Carolina at a women's conference today. We arrived yesterday afternoon, after a road trip just long enough to get me in the right frame of mind to leave all my responsities at home.  The simple act of leaving my keys behind was incredibly liberating. Dinner with no children was SO much fun! And then we got to the conference. I was ready to meet with God. The whole way there I had been looking forward to finding Him in some new and exciting way.

Worship was too short for me, only a couple of songs. (And I like to just linger in His presence.) The speaker was good, though a little long winded, and a lot of what she was teaching I had already discovered on my own. As she spoke and I listened, I remembered a specific church service where I had a life changing revelation from listening to a  sermon where I "already knew it all." So I pressed in and listened more closely.

The Lord waited until the very end of the message to move His spirit on me. I could hear Him whispering throughout, and my heart responded each time. But although I could feel Him near, He didn't reveal Himself to me until the speaker called us to get our lives in order, to let God search our hearts and deal with us in the areas we had not yet surrendered to Him. The tears flowed, and I ran to the altar to find Him waiting for me. The same overwhelming intensity with which I had experienced Him just a couple of weeks ago enveloped me as I bowed before Him there. As I closed myself in with Him, the whole world went away. It was only  Him and me, and His mighty arms covered me in a protective and tender embrace.

There were no words in that moment. He was touching me in a place too deep for words. But although I usually depend so heavily on words to express myself, I didn't miss them at all. I was fully aware that He knew exactly what was happening in me. I knew that "the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercededs for us with groans that words cannot express." (Romans 8:26) Let me tell you, He was groaning for me right then!!

This morning, I'm going back for more. I can't wait to get there. I'm expecting to find Him waiting for me again, and I'm reminded of one of my most favorite passages in the Bible. In this incredible season He has appointed for me, He is fulfilling this promise:

""...'I will come to you and fulfill my gracious promise to bring you back to this place.  For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,' delcares the LORD, 'and will bring you back from captivity.'" (Jeremiah 29:10-14)

If you need to find Him today, seek Him. Seek Him with all your heart, even the broken pieces. Even the parts that hide in shame. Even the parts that tremble with fear. Lay it bare before Him and seek Him. As He promised, He will come.

Father, thank You for Your faithfulness. Help me to surrender all to You. Teach me what it means to seek You with all of my heart, so that I may find You every single time.

In His awesome love,
Amy 

copyright 2010, Amy Wallace

Comments

Popular Posts