Jesus is Coming

My Jesus came to me in a dream last night. Oh, how I've waited for this! Several years ago, He gave me a beautiful dream that blessed me so big, the joy of it has lasted me right up to this moment. And now, I have another glimpse at the Messiah to spur me on!  I think it may take me a while to process it before I can share, though.....adequate words are eluding me right now.

But just know this: He is very real. And His coming is very close. All the signs, the earthquakes and floods and famines He told us would come, serve as ample warning. (Matthew 24:4-8) But last night, I saw Him, and He, too, knows that time is short. Although only the Father knows the day and hour of His return (Matthew 24:36), Jesus knows His time is coming. What He impressed on me last night is that lots of people still don't know. People who have seen His miraculous power and perfect love all their lives still don't know Him! They have never called on His name! They have never walked with Him or asked for His truth or His help. And even as they sink into death, they still refuse to call on His name and be saved. His heart is troubled over His lost ones.

The Word says that  "there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

We can't know that every person we share Christ with will receive Him. But we can know that if we never tell them, they won't know Him for sure. Friends, time is short. If you didn't know if before, I've heard it directly from the mouth of Christ. We need to get desperate for the lost. We need to find them in their moments of despair, in their hopeless situations, in their overwhelming need, and we need to show them how to cry out to Jesus! We have to tell them about the deep and slimy pits He has rescued us from or they'll never know that the same Savior can rescue them too.

I urge you today to be transparent with someone. Take off the mask of the Christian who's "got it all together" and be real with someone. Choose beautiful feet over saving face. They need to know what you know, and if you have to pull a few skeletons out of your closet to lead them to the Lord, isn't it worth it?

Father, help us to see the desperate situation of the lost in our midst today. Let us not be blind to the signs of Christ's return all around us. Let all the disaster and calamity that's befalling the world wake them up to the Truth, the Way, and the Life. Inspire us to meet them in their need and share Jesus with them before it's too late. Send us, Lord! Let ours be the beautiful feet that bring good news!

In His invincible love,
Amy

copyright 2010, Amy Wallace

Comments

Popular Posts