Crumbs

As you know, my daughter has been having unexplained seizures for a couple of weeks.  While she was diagnosed last year around this time with Rolandic epilepsy, these seizures were a little perplexing. You see, Rolandic seizures happen while the child is sleeping. These past weeks, along with a few in her sleep, she's also been having lots of little seizures while she was awake. They were increasing in frequency despite a medication change, and because that didn't make sense, the doctor scheduled another EEG for this past Monday.

When I saw her coming to the altar with my mom during prayer time, I set my microphone down and joined them. She had had several small seizures during the first few songs, and she was scared. One of my friends on the prayer team was standing ready for us and we went to him. I explained the situation, and he asked a lot of specific questions about her seizures. Then he said, "I don't know what I'm going to pray. I'm just going to let God lead me." We agreed, he anointed her with oil, and we lifted her to the Father. Our friend asked God to heal her completely. He asked God to take the seizures away. He asked that she would go for her test, and the doctors would be confounded by the lack of any seizure activity in her brain.  He asked Jesus to be her peace.

After prayer time, I returned to my place on the platform. That's when we did "The Blood Will Never Lose Its Power." As we sang, His peace rained all over me. My confidence in God's ability and willingness to heal my daughter grew a hundredfold. I realized as we all sang those words and stood on God's promises that Olivia's body was not the only thing that had needed healing. My faith had needed healing too. My doubting heart had needed a touch from God. Like the woman who pressed through the crowd to touch the hem of Christ's garment that day (Luke 8:44), my healing was immediate. And guess what? Olivia sat hooked up to that EEG machine for six hours and....nothing happened!! My child has not had another seizure since the moment we cried out to God on her behalf. Glory to God!!

I heard a message once about Matthew 15:25-28. A gentile woman needed healing for her daughter, but the Jews at that time considered the gentiles no better than dogs. Still, "she came and worshiped Him, saying, “Lord, help me!”' (v 25) But He tested her faith and "answered and said, “It is not good to take the children’s bread and throw it to the little dogs.” And she said, “Yes, Lord, yet even the little dogs eat the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.” Then Jesus answered and said to her, “O woman, great is your faith! Let it be to you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed from that very hour." (vv 26-28)

Even though the world believed she had no right to come to Him, she worshiped Him anyway and called Him "Lord." She recognized His sovereignty and trusted in His mercy, even when His answer wasn't what she had to be  expecting. And He called her faith great. He healed her daughter.





No matter who you are, Jesus desires to heal you. Matthew 12:15 says "And great multitudes followed Him, and He healed them all." He healed them ALL. Not some. Not just the ones He liked the best. Not the ones who could do something for Him. He healed them ALL. All we have to do is worship Him for who He is, acknowledge His sovereignty, and expect His wonderful mercy. Make Him Lord by giving Him all control in your life. Your healing will come. But just be prepared. What you think needs healing may only be a symptom of the deeper wound He truly intends to heal.


Father, thank you that I never have to settle for the hem of Jesus' garment. Thank You that, because of His sacrifice and the blood that will never lose its mighty power, I will never have to gather crumbs from your table. Thank You that I can boldly come before Your throne and ask for Your very best!! Thank You that You have more for me than I could ever think to ask for. You are God, and I will bow and worship You for all that You are.

In His mighty love,
Amy


copyright 2010, Amy Wallace

Comments

Popular Posts